The Icing on the Cake





 Bunting on a cake must be one of the most happy sights of all time!  I really wanted to try to make some so went ahead with some pretty scraps of fabric I had laying around, it is a great way to use up those little scraps that you can't bare to throw away but are too tiny to do anything useful with!  Right, now I just needed a cake to put the bunting on.... feeling inspired by the wonderful Rosie of sweetapolita, I thought I would try her ruffled celebration cake ... and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it went! Ok, its not a patch on hers but for my first go I'm pretty happy...I just can't bare to cut into it though! 
xxx





2 comments:

  1. I love these ruffled ribbon cakes but would never attempt one myself!
    x
    Melissah from Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it, it is surprisingly easy-honestly!xxx

    ReplyDelete